- All I Need is You – Lecrae
- Speak Life – Toby Mac
- This is Living – Hillsong Young and Free (ft. Lecrae)
- His kind of love – Group 1 Crew
- No Man is an Island – Tenth Avenue North
- How Can it Be – Lauren Daigle
- Start a Fire – Unspoken
- Make a Move – Royal Tailor
- He Knows My Name – Francesca Battistelli
- Keys To The Kingdom – Group 1 Crew
- Make much of God.
- Ask the question: ‘How do we get more of Jesus in this friendship?’
- Act like individuals who answer to God.
- Are excited when others form new friendships.
- Hold friendships with open hands.
- Call out sin in others with love.
- Fuel our desire for God.
- Encourage obedience to God.
- Spend time praying for the other alone.
- Care about God’s glory.
- Encourage us to need God more.
- Tell you God is your place of belonging.
- Want friends to have more of Jesus.
- Make much of one another.
- Ask the question: ‘How do we get more of each other in this friendship?’
- Act like a couple who answers to each other.
- Feel threatened and jealous when others make new friends.
- Feel like they own one another.
- Excuse sin in the name of love.
- Reduce our desire for God.
- Redefine/excuse obedience to God.
- Only pray for each other together.
- Care about their own importance.
- Encourage us to need each other more.
- Tell you I am your place of belonging.
- Want friends to have more of the friendship.
Life teaches you that friend is a REALLY STRONG WORD. Cherish the true friends you have. They’re literally God’s gift. 🙂
We need to pray for those being persecuted for their faith.
Don’t take for granted the freedom of worship.
Pray for Saeed Abedini to be reunited with his family.
Gold vessels of fine wines,
thousands a gallon,
Jade dishes of rare meats,
costing more thousands,
I lay my chopsticks down,
no more can banquet,
I draw my sword and stare
wildly about me:
Ice bars my way to cross
the Yellow River,
Snows from dark skies to climb
the T’ai-hang mountains!
At peace I drop a hook
into a brooklet,
At once I’m in a boat
but sailing sunward…
(Hard is the journey,
Hard is the journey,
So many turnings,
And now where am I?)
So when a breeze breaks waves,
bringing fair weather,
I set a cloud for sails,
cross the blue oceans!
You think you can define me,
That I’m a tick in just one box,
Like my being is a door,
That a single key unlocks,
But let me tell you something,
I have the universe inside,
I hold an untamed ocean,
With a constant changing tide,
I’m home to endless mountains,
With tips that touch the sky,
Flocks of grand migrating birds,
And deserts harsh and dry,
I house the wildest rivers,
And a host of sweeping plains,
I feel in waves of sunshine,
Or in unrelenting rains,
Don’t tell me that you know me,
That ‘this right here is what you are’,
I am the universe in motion,
For I was born from stars.
When I am having a particularly difficult day I like to read this quote by Mother Teresa. It reminds me that I shouldn’t stop living just because things aren’t exactly going the way I want them to or to really think about the motive behind the things I do. I’m not perfect and so is everybody else walking this planet. So do your best with whatever comes your way. That’s all anyone can ask of you.
‘People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable.
Be honest and transparent anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People who really want help may attack you if you help them.
Help them anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt.
Give the world your best anyway.’
I used to think
that birds are always happy
that bad things happen to other people
that butterflies are born pretty
that the moon had magic
that I could smell the rain
that my parents were never kids
that I’d be a kid forever
that I had it figured out
I’m tired of thinking
but I can’t stop.